The Woman Who Sighed After Sex by Jørn Jensen

Lady at her Toilet by Giovanni Bellini (detail): thanks to World History Encyclopaedia 

Title: The Woman Who Sighed After Sex

Author: Jørn Jensen

Publisher: not known 

Source book: Thirty Days of Darkness by Jenny Lund Madsen

The worst crime writer in the world, Jørn Jensen, is being interviewed at the book fair. Hannah Krause- Bendix loathes him. This is Hannah’s opinion of the very successful writer. She didn’t really want to attend the book fair, and now here she is, and here is the dreadful Jenson being interviewed. 

Jensen is very successful, a best seller, he has sold millions of books, but Hannah thinks his books lack soul. She throws one of his bestselling books at his head and he narrowly escapes being hit in the face.

Hannah admits she hasn’t read Jørn’s latest book, but she does tell him she has read The Woman Who Sighed After Sex. It’s hard to despise a book you haven’t read, so Hannah read it and she pretty much says it could have been written by a 10 year old. Personally, I think this is a pretty unpleasant title for a book, and I think I would content myself with despising it without the bother of reading it. If it were real. Perhaps it’s a better title in Danish.

Oh dear: in front of an interested audience and TV cameras Hannah says Jørn’s books are mediocrity with page numbers. And then: any idiot can write a book like this in a month.

Oops!

Jørn accepts the challenge to write a book in a month. Hannah isn’t at all sure she can write a crime novel at all. Inside a month or not. Could you?

I had a problem reading the source book: I really don’t like Hannah. I know, I’m not a proper book reviewer. And I find it very hard to read a book if I don’t like the characters. So I don’t know what happened in the end.

See here for Hannah’s book from the same source.

Thanks to Excellence Magazine 



Comments