Crimean Reminiscences by Thursday Next

Thanks to Britannica 
Title: Crimean Reminiscences 

Author: Thursday Next 

Publisher: Not known 

Source book: Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde 

Thursday Next met her husband in the Crimea. By the time she arrived her brother Anton was best friends with Landen.

‘Landen Parke-Laine had been with me in the Crimea in ‘72. He lost a leg to a landmine and his best friend to a military blunder. His best friend was my brother, Anton - and Landen testified against him at the hearing that followed the disastrous “Charge of the Light Armoured Brigade”. My brother was blamed for the débacle, Landen was honourably discharged, I was awarded the Crimea Star for gallantry, I didn’t speak to him for ten years, and now we’re married. It’s funny how things turn out.’

Thursday has plenty to say about the long running Crimea campaign, often disagreeing with the official viewpoint. 

Thanks to ThoughtCo


Comments