Murder Mountain by HG Kane

Thanks to Unsplash
Title: Murder Mountain 

Author: HG Kane

Publisher: not known 

Source book: The Last Word by Taylor Adams

I have to confess that I’ve not read The Last Word or indeed anything else by Taylor Adams. I just read a book review. You are used to that.

However, that review mentioned a fictional book: Murder Mountain by HG Kane. And a character called Emma who reads Murder Mountain and gives it a less than glowing review: one star.

Creepily, HG Kane, the author of Murder Mountain, contacts Emma to complain about her poor review. He (I’m guessing HG is a he) wants her to change the review because it took six months* to write the book, after all, and it likely took Emma mere moments to write her hateful review. 

Presumably Murder Mountain is about a murder, or several murders up a mountain. But you know I don’t know.

One day perhaps I will read The Last Word and find out more about Murder Mountain, and what happens to Emma after she refuses to change her review. In which case I will update this post.

Meanwhile, do I take my life in my hands posting about books I don’t enjoy? I hope not. After all, I don’t even know if anyone out there reads this stuff. 

*some books take years, or years and years to write. Six months doesn’t sound too long.

Thanks to insider.com


Comments