The Necronomicom

Thanks to Wikipedia 

Title: The Necronomicon (Book of the Dead)

Author:  “Mad Arab” Abdul Alhazred

Publisher: Not known 

Source book: The Hound by HP Lovecraft (the first mention is in this 1924 short story)

I have come across numerous references to The Necronomicon. Many. Lots of mentions. It’s all over the place. And yet I have never read a book or short story in which it appears, so once again I think I am reading the wrong books.

I thought I ought to bite the bullet and get it over with. So here’s a useful Wikipedia article that can tell you what I cannot. 

Oh my goodness. There’s a lot of information in that Wikipedia article so, to be honest, I think I will just leave it at that. As you can see from the article, The Necronomicon is so well known that people have advertised it for sale. Don’t go there! It isn’t real. And don’t try to borrow a copy from your local library, not even from the Yale University Library. Oh, and it’s not available on kindle either.

Thanks to National Geographic 


Comments