The Princess Bride by S Morgenstern

Thanks to The Spruce 
Title: The Princess Bride

Author: S Morgenstern

Publisher: Not known 

Source book: The Princess Bride: S Morgenstern’s Classic Tale of Love and High Adventure, The “Good Parts” Version Abridged by William Goldman

If you have ever seen the film of The Princess Bride you probably have a fair idea of the plot (I’ve never sat through the whole film but my husband and his children are big fans) but you may not be aware that the book purports to be an abridged version of the original book, also called The Princess Bride, by S Morgenstern, a Florinese writer.

I haven’t read the book any more than I’ve seen the film, so I know no more than what you can read on Wikipedia but I have chosen to include The Princess Bride as it is so often held up as an example of a fictional book.
Thanks to Petal Republic




Comments